This years ABZ exhibition and fair delves into the evolution of do-it-yourself culture, from limited-run artist books to cut-and-paste photocopy fanzines , which are informal, hand-made publications that are produced and distributed by people who make them.
We are shedding light on the underground press , artist books created to defy tradition and bypass the commercial mainstream system. Self-Made/Abz 2019 is an examination of how people navigate in independent press and zine culture.
This year we have also decided to go back to our first model , small and intimate — We are moving Abz to Gellerup , and we will be hosted by our long time collaborator. Andromeda — you can expect Workshops popping up and we will hold space for a Zine Bazaar – At its heart, a bazaar is a space for celebration. With its different sights, scenes, colours, people, and the exchange of thoughts and ideas, a bazaar is a space for collaboration and this is, we want to share with you.
Info for selling at the ZINE BAZAAR — send us images on what you will sell, and links to any social media — we might have a small fee , if we can’t freely organise tables* – act fast we have limited space for around 15 — sharing is recommended — follow the link! https://www.facebook.com/events/449388665712630/
VEST FOR PARADIS
Our brand new initiative free art house/alternative film cinema where we screen films every Thursdays. Click here for more info VEST FOR PARADIS CINÉ
- 18.10.2018 // THE 13 (2016) Dir. by Ava DuVernay //
- 25.10.2018 // I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO (2016) Documentary Dir. by Raoul Peck, Written by James Baldwin //
- 01.11.2018 // THE HANDMAIDEN (2016) Dir. by Park Chan-wook
- 08.11.2018 // STOCKTOWN X SOUTH AFRICA PART 1 (2010) Dir. Teddy Goitom and Benjamin Taft
- 15.11.2018 // STOCKTOWN X SOUTH AFRICA PART 2 (2010) Dir. Teddy Goitom and Benjamin Taft
- 29.11.2018 // DET TYNDE ØL (2017) Dir. Nadissa Haynes-Pedersen